[pve-devel] Proxmox VE 3.0 RC2 released!

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Wed May 15 10:34:11 CEST 2013

Hi all,

we just released Proxmox VE 3.0 RC2 (release candidate), including bug fixes after RC1.

A big Thank-you to our active community for all feedback, testing, bug reporting and patch submissions.

Release notes

- pve-kernel-2.6.32 2.6.32-100
    fix CVE-2013-2094

- update ceph packages to 0.61.2

- libpve-common-perl 3.0-4:
    fix bug #381: use persistent reservation file for ports

- libpve-storage-perl 3.0-6
    rbd : clone volume to same pool that base volume
    extend storage list API with useful parameters for clone
    fix iscsi session scan bug

-pve-cluster 3.0-2
    fix bug 383: restart pveproxy instead of apache2

- pve-manager 3.0-17
    StorageSelector: allow to use new target option, used by Clone
    fix bug #385: correctly handle Accept-Encoding
    fix bug #374: correctly remove destroyed container from pool

- pve-qemu-kvm 1.4-12
    vma create: only store basename of config file.

- qemu-server 3.0-12
    clone disk : keep source volume params
    clone: check is we can clone to target storage
    fix bug #381: use PVE::Tools::next_migrate_port()
    restore: do not restore template flag

- vncterm 1.1-3
    re-enable javascript-events.patch (needed by migrate)

and http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap#Proxmox_VE_3.0

Download
http://www.proxmox.com/downloads/proxmox-ve/17-iso-images

Install Proxmox VE on Debian Wheezy
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Wheezy

Upgrade from any 2.3 to 3.0
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_2.3_to_3.0

All RC1 installations can be updated to RC2 and finally to 3.0 stable without any problems (apt).
Best regards,

Martin Maurer
Proxmox VE project leader