[pve-devel] Fw: Generic ZFS rest API

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Sun May 19 18:52:36 CEST 2013

On Sun, 19 May 2013 18:42:27 +0200 (CEST)
Alexandre DERUMIER <aderumier at odiso.com> wrote:

> I don't known the state of zfs freebsd and zfs on linux seem to be more a hack.

zfs on freebsd is ok. It is only the iSCSI implementation that sucks.
zfs on linux is not worthy for storage since there is no mainline
kernel implementation at the moment and due to the licens I don't see
any in the near future.

> I think that reuse the nexenta plugin should be easy, nexenta api is just a mapping to zfs commands + commstar commands.

This is possible. I have already started porting of the nexenta plugin.
The biggest issue was porting nexenta_request to use ssh instead but
this is currently working. Only real issue is that it requires
certificate login as root which is normally not allowed in the solaris
world but using a normal user account requires creating this account
both local and remote, creating a local certificate, exporting this
certificate using ssh-copy-id to the storage, install sudo remote, and
add the remote user to sudo with option NOPASSWD:. Therefore I think I
will stick to using certificate based root login as this seems less
intrusive to the generel pve installation.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys: