[pve-devel] Fw: Generic ZFS rest API

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Tue May 21 09:22:59 CEST 2013

On 05-21-2013 09:11, Dietmar Maurer wrote:

> I don't really understand that question. I thought all you need is
> ssh? Sure, you need
> a (remote) storage of any type to run the tests.

It was the remote storage part I was referring to:-)

> Wikipedia also mention that ZFS support for OpenSolaris is now
> discontinued, so
> actual ZFS code is only available on Solaris.

It is not zfs that is discontinued, it is OpenSolaris which Oracle has
discontinued and replaced it with Solaris Express (a limited version of
the closed Solaris branch) following the normal Oracle scheme (Oracle
xxg paid. Oracle xxg Express 'costenloss'). Zfs development continuous
in Solaris and the OSS zfs is under continuous development in
OpenIndiana and Illumos.

--
Hilsen/regards
Michael Rasmussen