[pve-devel] implementation of a dhcp service in proxmox ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue May 21 10:30:28 CEST 2013

>>a dnsmasq daemon can handle several netdevices and several networks so
>>there should be no need for more than one daemon.

But how can we tell which ip range is assigned to which device (tap/bridge) ?

I have read that the syntax:
--dhcp-range=<device>,xxxx is not more used since dnsmasq 2.63

http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/CHANGELOG

Remove the interface:<interface> argument in --dhcp-range, and
	    the interface argument to --enable-tftp. These were a
	    still-born attempt to allow automatic isolated
	    configuration by libvirt, but have never (to my knowledge)
	    been used, had very strange semantics, and have been
	    superceded by other mechanisms.