[pve-devel] implementation of a dhcp service in proxmox ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue May 21 18:39:02 CEST 2013

>>So that is basically the same setup we use (routed configuration in http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Network_Model)

>>Nat can be done as described in Section Masquerading (post-up/post-down).

And for dhcp with nat ? (plug the tap on a bridge with an ip for the dhcp server ?)

>> We just need to start/configure a dhcp server listening on the bridge (also with post-up/post-down)?

Yes, it can be done with post-up/post-down. (But maybe only 1 dnsmasq daemon is needed,need to be tested)

But we need also a way to configure bridge ip for vlan bridges (vmbrXvX).

And we need to define dhcp ranges for differents bridge somewhere.

Another thing, if we need to assign dynamic ip, I don't known how to manage dhcp leases across the cluster, if we have 1 dnsmasq daemon by node.