[pve-devel] implementation of a dhcp service in proxmox ?

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Wed May 22 10:30:36 CEST 2013

On 05-22-2013 10:06, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:

> If the daemon listen to 192.168.10.1, I can't see the DHCPDISCOVERY
> packet.
> I need to listen to 0.0.0.0.

An idea. What about create an extra tap on each host which dnsmasq
listens on. This tap should then be connected to every bridge on the
host.

For lease files we could use the same concept behind pve-cluster.
Configuration and lease files are shared within the cluster using pmxcfs
it will however, require implementing the POSIX file locking features in
pmxcfg. dnsmasq is by design thread safe since numerous worker processes
uses the same lease files and to achieve this dnsmasq uses POSIX file
locking features like 'exclusive lock' when updating and 'shared lock'
when reading.

--
Hilsen/regards
Michael Rasmussen