[pve-devel] pve: cloning

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Fri May 24 01:33:58 CEST 2013

On Thu, 23 May 2013 09:16:38 +0200
Michael Rasmussen <mir at datanom.net> wrote:

> Using the clone features from the nexenta-plugin does not work either:
> create full clone of drive virtio0 (nexenta_iscsi:vm-101-disk-1)
> TASK ERROR: clone failed: unable to create image: Insecure dependency
> in exec while running with -T switch
> at /usr/share/perl/5.14/IPC/Open3.pm line 186.

I have found out what is causing the above error. Every time you try to
make a clone where the target for the clone is a different storage than
the storage of the source the error above is thrown.

Following use cases have been tried with the same result:
source      target    result
nexenta     zfs       fails
nexenta     local     fails
nexenta     nexenta   success
zfs         nexenta   fails
zfs         local     fails
zfs         zfs       success

seems that command 'exec' in IPC/Open3.pm cannot be executed on a
tainted command which normally is seen when path is not untainted.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys: