[pve-devel] roadmap for proxmox 3.1 ?

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Mon May 27 09:17:17 CEST 2013

On 05-27-2013 08:38, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
>>> Omnios: http://omnios.omniti.com/
>>> but OpenIndiana and Oracle Solaris (and express + pkg install
>>> solaris/storage-server) should work also.
>
> Do you known if I can install omnios on a kvm machine ?
> (My servers are on a remote site and I don't have too much time this
> week to go to the datacenter ;)

Yes, this is possible but you can only choose between IDE and SATA
disks (omnios does not support virtio-block, and seabios does not
support boot from scsi). Also if you want to be able to migrate the VM
you cannot use SATA disk since Qemu does not support migrating SATA
disks (a hardcoded error message is displayed). So this kind of narrows
the choices down:-)
Choose Qemu64 as CPU. KVM64 cannot be used since Omnios (and Solaris
for that matter refused to boot with kvm64).
For net device choose E1000 since omnios does not support virtio-net.

I have only been testing with bloody (unstable) so I don't know if it
works with stable.

--
Hilsen/regards
Michael Rasmussen