[pve-devel] tar option sparse broken on nfs

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Tue Oct 1 10:22:44 CEST 2013

On 10-01-2013 09:49, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
>> What I ment to say was that this bug only shows up when nfs share is
>> mounted
>> on a server running linux. If the server runs with a solaris kernel
>> you cannot
>> replicate the bug.
>
> Yes, because Solaris does not have any OpenVZ patches. OpenVZ only
> runs on Linux.

You completely misunderstand and misread what I am writing. I am not
referring to the node from which you perform the task I am referring to
the destination of your tarball. If destination is a nfs-share exported
from a server running linux your usecase can be replicated. Eg this bug
manifests itself when storing on an nfs exported filesystem from linux.
However, if the destination of your tarball is on an nfs exported
filesystem from a server running solaris your test case does not result
in a bug. Eg the operation succeeds as expected - the tarball is not
empty.

--
Hilsen/regards
Michael Rasmussen