[pve-devel] ceph osd over zfs volume

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Fri Apr 18 13:12:06 CEST 2014

Hello Paul,

The basic idea of Proxmox VE Ceph Server and GUI is a well-defined setup with a clearly defined feature set. Easy to setup, easy to maintain and easy to support.
So adding anything which is against this goal makes no sense here.  As soon as Ceph firefly is stable, we will do tests and decide how to integrate.

Testing experimental features like Ceph on zfs is great but nothing for the integration into Proxmox VE Ceph Server GUI.

If someone wants a custom Ceph setup with experimental features, then default Proxmox VE Ceph GUI is probably not the right tool for this.

Best Regards,

Martin Maurer