[pve-devel] QXL on Win8

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 05:58:05 CEST 2014

On 14 August 2014 19:48, Alexandre DERUMIER <aderumier at odiso.com> wrote:

> I see in redhat bugzilla that the target is rhel 7.1 , so, in some months

Well I gave it a go, on a test Win 8.1 32 bit VM I have. Much to my
surprise it installed with no problems. The Driver shows up in device
manager as "QXL KMDOD"

It gave me a large range of resolutions to choose from, up to 2560x1600

Performance felt very slow.

I managed to manually install the RHEV Service (vdservice), had to manually
set the qxl display id in the register for it to work. Once done, the mouse
integration worked, though it was laggy.
 Display resizing worked to, but only in discrete steps - no pixel perfect
resizes.

Over all it worked, but much better off using remote desktop.

--
Lindsay