[pve-devel] Fwd: successfull migration but failed resume

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Aug 29 15:09:25 CEST 2014

Forwading to pve-devel mailing

----- Mail transféré -----

De: "Alexandre DERUMIER" <aderumier at odiso.com>
À: "Christian Tari" <christian at zaark.com>
Envoyé: Vendredi 29 Août 2014 15:08:49
Objet: Re: [pve-devel] successfull migration but failed resume

>>Can it lead issues if we migrate between two different arch? BTW the prior is HP dL360G8 the latter is HP dl380G7.

I have same bug with amd opteron 63XX -> 61XX,

I think because of a bug of kvm, with the cpuflags :"xsave" existing on 63XX and not 61XX.
https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/2/22/58

It seem to be your case too, with

E5-2640 0 @ 2.50GHz : xsave
CPU E5645 @ 2.40GHz : no xsave.

Does the migration in the reverse way is working ?

I have a kernel 3.10 patch for this xsave bug, but don't have tested it yet.
Don't known if you could test it ?