[pve-devel] Error in PVE with win2008r2 and 256GB RAM

Cesar Peschiera brain at click.com.py
Tue Dec 2 14:15:11 CET 2014

Hi Alexandre

Thanks for your reply

I am not sure that will be necessary, please read the PDF document that is
in link Web below.
It is saying many thing, as for example numa and huge pages are working in
automatic mode, the optimization is in the fly, i guess that i don't need
worry more for it.
(My Server has 256 GB RAM, and the VM will have 248 GB, RAM)

Please, especially see this titles:
(The support of these features is in the kernel)
- Automatic NUMA Balancing
- Configuring Transparent Huge Pages (automatic)

What do you think? ...
Will I need to worry me for it? (numa and huge pages) ..
I would like hear a second opinion

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/pdf/Virtualization_Tuning_and_Optimization_Guide/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-7-Virtualization_Tuning_and_Optimization_Guide-en-US.pdf

Moreover, if i need to add your lines, as the VM will be in HA, how i will
do it?

Best regards
Cesar