[pve-devel] Default cache mode for VM hard drives

Cesar Peschiera brain at click.com.py
Fri Dec 5 04:10:29 CET 2014

Hi Stanislav

Only as a comment and recomendation ...

> root at pxtest1:/etc/pve/qemu-server# modinfo drbd | grep ^version:
> version:        8.3.13

DRBD 8.3.13 is a old version an have bugs.
http://git.drbd.org/?p=drbd-8.3.git;a=blob;f=ChangeLog;hb=HEAD
http://git.drbd.org/?p=drbd-8.4.git;a=blob;f=ChangeLog;hb=HEAD

Can you try it with DRBD 8.4.3 version?...
Or better with DRBD 8.4.5 version?
(I remember that Lars always is recommending to use more modern versions of
DRBD - 8.4.x series)

Moreover, my old servers has DRBD 8.4.4 version, and never had problems of
oos (out of sync), that it is verified a time for week, and soon  will have
DRBD 8.4.5 version (with database in VM).

Hope this can help you.

Best regards
Cesar