[pve-devel] Problems when i applied a change in the ID number of the nodes in the cluster.conf file

Cesar Peschiera brain at click.com.py
Sat Dec 6 04:56:31 CET 2014

Hi

A little of help please...

I have a mix of PVEs in my PVE cluster.

- Some Servers has PVE 2.3
- Other: PVE 3.1
- Others: PVE 3.2-4 (2 nodes in HA with DRBD)
- Others: PVE 3.3-5 (2 nodes in HA with DRBD)

When i added the latest 2 servers (with PVE 3.3-5), this PVEs lose the PVE
cluster communication, so these are my actions:
1) I removed the configuration of HA of all my PVE nodes in the cluster.conf
file (at this point, i don't see problems)
2) After, i changed the ID of my PVE nodes in the cluster.conf file (i only
did want this: that match the "ID number" of cluster.conf file with the
number of PVE hostname that i have installed).

>From this point, all my PVE nodes lost the cluster communication.

My question:
How can i fix the cluster communication? (with livecd or any thing that
help)

Note: If is necessary ,  I can power off my VMs and PVE hosts, only i want
to know how solve this problem without the need of a reinstall.

Best regards
Cesar