[pve-devel] BIG PROBLEM - Possible Bug - Log-Rotation

Detlef Bracker bracker at 1awww.com
Thu Dec 11 02:05:46 CET 2014

Dear,

I have the same problem on 2 diferent hosts! The logrotate is not
working correct and the logs
are not going in the log-files normal, they go in the log-file with the
number .1 !!!
Expample not logged in auth - but logged in auth.1
or not logged in syslog - but logged in syslog.1

*This is a security risk*, when you check with fail2ban the hosts-files
about hackings via console,
ssh and some-thing on! - and I dont know, that I have this only or
others too!

uname -a

Linux pm3-host 2.6.32-31-pve #1 SMP Thu Jul 24 06:44:16 CEST 2014 x86_64
GNU/Linux

The logrotate job in cron.daily not working, but I get not an error! The
logrotate stop at the
23 octobre on 1 host and on the other at the 30. september!

Have somebody a resolution w/o a reboot?

Dear

Detlef