[pve-devel] Crashing debian wheezy guests after migration

Stefan Priebe s.priebe at profihost.ag
Fri Dec 19 20:02:29 CET 2014

Am 19.12.2014 19:22, schrieb Michael Rasmussen:
> On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 19:10:50 +0100
> Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG <s.priebe at profihost.ag> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> While running plain Debian wheezy as a guest I've seen 95% of the guests crashes after migration. (Screen frozen or black)
>>
>> I do not see this with Debian Jessie or windows.
>>
>> Does anybody know a workaround or solution? I have no control about the guests so I need a qemu or host based solution ;-)
>>
> All my Debian servers are running wheezy and none of them has ever
> crashed due to migration.

OK - nice to hear this. I'm still on qemu 2.1.2 - have you already
upgraded to 2.2.0?

> What are the typical specs for a Debian wheezy which crashes when
> migrating?

2x Virtio - Network
1x Virtio Disk using RBD / Ceph
2 Cores

> What are the specs of the Proxmox nodes?

Host is Dual E5-2695 v2 running 3.10.63 kernel.

> Does is happen regardless of source and destination node?

Yes, so it seems to be related to the guest kernel 3.2 as all other
guests or other kernels in guest work fine. I was thinking about a
clocksource problem. Newer kernels are using tsc as clock source but
debian wheezy uses per default kvm-clock.

(/sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource)