[pve-devel] qemu-server:add support for hugetlbfs

Cesar Peschiera brain at click.com.py
Mon Dec 22 03:11:46 CET 2014

Yes i will do the test for MS-SQL-Server 2008 STD with and without THP
(Transparent Huge Pages) in a VM with 243 GB RAM (without KSM and Balloon
enabled) as soon as i have solved my problem of quorum, and i will
communicate the results.

Moreover, i guess that the best choice is that you can enable or disable
static hugepage for each VM, that in my case with MS-SQL, i guess that will
be better have it disabled, and i will be communicating it.

Moreover, to short term, with some extra HDDs in one of these servers, i
believe that i can do tests as help for the future versions of PVE if you
believe to will find it useful (always that the proprietary of these Dell
servers also be agree, that as he has PVE, i guess that he also will be
interested).