[pve-devel] need help to debug random host freeze on multiple hosts

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Mon Dec 29 13:27:08 CET 2014

On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 07:31:32 +0100 (CET)
Alexandre DERUMIER <aderumier at odiso.com> wrote:

> Yes sure , I have nothing in logs.
> (That's why I thinked of kdump to try to have more info).
>
> I'll really don't known if it's a software real kernel panic, or a hardware bug.
>
> I just see on vmware forum some amd microcode bug, and see that dell provide a new bios update this month.
> I'll try to update to see if it's help.

Could this, given the high load, be caused by a race condition which is
solved in the new microcode?

Have you tried connecting a serial console to one of the nodes?

If you have IPMI on the nodes you should also be able to monitor
further than on the default console.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
We secure our friends not by accepting favors but by doing them.
		-- Thucydides