[pve-devel] PATCH: Add support for bridges with more than one physical link.

Andrew Thrift andrew at networklabs.co.nz
Wed Feb 12 09:53:01 CET 2014

While this is a very neat way to load balance vlan traffic, it could be
dangerous.

You are effectively allowing users to create a loop. Unless they have their
switches and spanning tree configured correctly upstream of the host, they
could create a large broadcast storm on their network, likely knocking out
other hosts and switches control planes.

It is the same as looping a cable between two ports on a switch that does
not have edge-safeguard functionality.

Just my 2c.