[pve-devel] saving kvm command line for migration

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Feb 19 13:24:17 CET 2014

>>but what about hot plugging cpus? I'm already working on hot plugging
>>memory.
>>
>>So not allowing to modify will fail for hot plug memory and hot plug
>>cpu. These two will become very important the next years or even month.

>>B. Do not allow to modify the configuration while the VM is running (and hotplug disabled)

I think that dietmar want to say, no allowing to change the config file (through api) when vm is online,
only for values which cannot be change online or not hotplug. (like maxcpu, cpumodel,change disk if hotplug is disabled... for example)

(I think this could also avoid some messages in the forum like : "I have change a value, do a reset of the vm, and I don't see the new value"
 If we force to change them offline (non hotplug values), it'll work when the vm will start)

>>A. store the configuration at VM start (and use that configuration to start after migration)
I think it's also more complex, because you need to manage 2 configuration, if you hotplug something, you need to update vmstart config and current config.