[pve-devel] saving kvm command line for migration

Stefan Priebe s.priebe at profihost.ag
Wed Feb 19 17:17:54 CET 2014

Am 19.02.2014 16:45, schrieb Dietmar Maurer:
>> 2.) when saving a snapshot or migrate get all devs and details through qom-
>> list and qom-get and store them into a special conf value. But this is very
>> complex.
>
> Already asked for opinions on the qemu-devel list? Maybe it is possible
> to implement a special command to get that info.

Yeah i already talked to a guy from redhat. And he said that they don't
want to implement special qmp code for a special type of pci devices.
the memdev and dimmdev ones are just pci devices and that i should use
qom-list and qom-get.

But we need to store memdev and dimmdev devices for snapshots anyway. No
matter if we use idea 1 or 2.

So why not using the same conf parameters for storing them in current
config for migration if i add more mem. So they can be used for
snapshots directly without querying qmp.

Greets.