[pve-devel] User rights

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed Jan 8 17:36:33 CET 2014

> I've group @vmadmins these have the Role PVEVMAdmin everthing is fine
> except that they only see their own tasks. But i would like to see them all tasks
> so they know of each other and who is doing what kind of things.
>
> I then thought i will give them PVEAuditor too but then they're able to see all
> groups, users, storage and set options.
>
> What is the right way to archieve this?

Our permission system works on resources (VMs, storages). But in general, our tasks only
include information about users, so what you try to do is not possible.

Some task includes the resource they work on, for example most VM related tasks includes the VM ID. That way it
is possible to view the VM 'Task History' - all your @vmadmins should be able to see that?