[pve-devel] Proxmox compatible Android client (Opaque) available for beta testing

i iordanov iiordanov at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 08:58:38 CET 2014

Hi Dietmar,

As mentioned previously, I can't even get a known, working remote-viewer to
open a connection to the Shell. All I get is an error:
(remote-viewer:3348): GSpice-WARNING **: HTTP proxy server closed
connection unexpectedly.

Here is a copy of a Proxmox shell console file (named MqxlpjUR) that was
downloaded on my desktop machine. I think the problem is that the host=
field contains some stuff incomprehensible to both remote-viewer and to
Opaque. For comparison, I've attached a console.vv file from oVirt as well.
I honestly thought that Proxmox has pretty much the same content in the
console file as oVirt. If that's not the case, then that explains why
Opaque kept crashing when you were trying to connect to Proxmox with it.

I was also under the impression that remote-viewer was able to parse and
support your console files.

On the upside, Android's Firefox downloads the .vv file as "pve-spice.vv"
on my device, which is a strange development. It certainly seems like
Proxmox was at least suggesting a file-name to Opaque. Can you please
comment on that?

Cheers,
iordan

--
The conscious mind has only one thread of execution.