[pve-devel] Proxmox compatible Android client (Opaque) available for beta testing

i iordanov iiordanov at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 07:30:02 CET 2014

Hello,

A summary of my observations on the ability to download the console/vv file
on mobile browsers. I hope you find these useful in making Proxmox easier
to use on mobile devices.

Android 4.4 device:
1) Chrome works, and is fairly seamless. After downloading, one swipes the
notifications and taps the file to open.
2) Firefox works, but is clunky because one has to go through a file
manager to open the file (where it works). Tapping the file from within
Firefox's own Downloads list does nothing. It's very hard to stay within
the expiration limit.
3) UC Browser does not work at all. One cannot even start downloading the
file.
4) Dolphin browser does not work at all as well.
5) Opera Browser for Android works but it takes quite a few taps to get to
open the file, and it's relatively difficult to fit within the expiration
limit.

Android 4.4 emulator:
1) The "standard browser" in the emulator cannot even perform a login to
Proxmox, as the "Realm" drop-down is empty and nothing can be selected
there.

Blackberry 10 (v10.2.1):
1) The standard browser works and is seamless. It downloads a file named
"untitled" by default, but tapping that file starts Opaque as expected.

Cheers,
iordan

--
The conscious mind has only one thread of execution.