[pve-devel] Proxmox compatible Android client (Opaque) available for beta testing

i iordanov iiordanov at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 08:10:42 CET 2014

Hi Dietmar,

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 1:41 AM, Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the report, but I have no idea how to address that. Looks that
> some browser
> have serious bugs.

I'm not in a good position to give advice on this topic, but I can tell you
that UC Browser and (if I'm not mistaken) Dolphin browser did work to
obtain a console.vv file from the Admin portal of oVirt. I haven't tested
Opera with oVirt yet.

Another thing I can say is that both the Admin portal of oVirt and Proxmox
have relatively small buttons which are well suited to clicking with a
mouse but not for tapping on a mobile device. Also, having one side of the
(Shell) button as drop-down functionality looks very good and works well
with a mouse, but is relatively hard to operate on a touch-screen device.

Finally, if you believe that the problem lies with the browsers themselves,
perhaps you can try convincing their developers to fix them? However that
does involve effort and either reproducing the issues on a publicly
accessible web page or convincing them to install Proxmox.

I hope this helps!
iordan

--
The conscious mind has only one thread of execution.