[pve-devel] KVM Live Backup performance

Cesar Peschiera brain at click.com.py
Tue Jan 28 19:14:22 CET 2014

Thanks for your nice answer Eric

@Dietmar or anyone that can answer, please let me to do a questions:

Note:
These questions is because I am involved in a project and the idea is to use several RAID 10 in the same PVE Host for use of a VM with MS-SQL Server, and for the backup a single SATA hard drive will be used on an NFS Server, and i don't want get performance degradation or at least a minimun of degradation

1- But as the buffer need RAM free, what are the RAM requirements for use this buffer?
2- The requeriments of buffer RAM will be always static in any case, or will be dinamic?
3- If is dinamic, which will be the formula that i need to know for obtain a nice performance? (for buy the RAM that will be necessary)
4- Will get I at least a minimum of degradation in this case (obviously while "KVM Live Backup" is running)? (see the note above)

Best regards
Cesar