[pve-devel] RFC : iptables implementation

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed Jan 29 08:29:29 CET 2014

> Also,I would like to add dynamic tap rules on vm start/stop,to reduce rules when
> vm are offline migrated to another host.
> what do you think about it ?

Yes, we can update firewall rules whenever we start/stop a VM.

> Currently we don't have a qemu pve-bridge stop script.

we don't really need an external script, instead we can directly setup the firewall
inside the API handler. We need that for hotplug anyways?

> Even with it, if the vm is
> crashing,the script is not launched.

This is only an optimization, so we can safely ignore that case?

> I don't known if it's possible to use magic udev rules to intercept tap interface
> destroy and delete iptables rules dynamically ?

no, I don't like to use such things.