[pve-devel] firewall : cluster.fw [rules] section ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Jul 4 11:24:26 CEST 2014

>>Sorry i just meant mac spoofing.
>>
>>We should have ebtables rules like these:
>># Drop packets that don't match the network's MAC Address
>>-s ! <mac_address>/ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:0 -o <tap_device> -j DROP
>># Prevent MAC spoofing
>>-s ! <mac_address> -i <tap_device> -j DROP
>>
>>Then we should filter non arp, IPv4 and IPv6 traffic in ebtables to
>>prevent other crazy packets.

What is the advantage to do it in ebtables vs iptables ?

http://ebtables.sourceforge.net/examples/basic.html#ex_anti-spoof

(I tell the question, because if you have a lot of mac to filter,
in the worst case, you need to check all the ebtables rules, and for each packet.

also ,with iptables, when the connection is established, we don't check the mac address.
(don't known if it can be a security problem)

Am 04.07.2014 11:03, schrieb Alexandre DERUMIER:
>>> Main problem is that iptables is only layer3. What about layer2 IP / mac
>>> spoofing?
>
> yes, mac filtering need to be done like currently, in tapchain.
>

> (layer2 IP ????)

Sorry i just meant mac spoofing.

We should have ebtables rules like these:
# Drop packets that don't match the network's MAC Address
-s ! <mac_address>/ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:0 -o <tap_device> -j DROP
# Prevent MAC spoofing
-s ! <mac_address> -i <tap_device> -j DROP

Then we should filter non arp, IPv4 and IPv6 traffic in ebtables to
prevent other crazy packets.

Grüße
Stefan