[pve-devel] DHCP server

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Sat Jul 19 07:22:57 CEST 2014

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 05:07:58 +0000
Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:

> Thanks for that link. But I have no idea how stable that is. And is
> it feature complete? ipv6 support?

If you are interested I can try to make a prototype which includes ipv6?

By feature complete, do you mean support the complete RFC?
Would it not be enough to make a list of required features for proxmox
and the only implement those features? I hardly see any usage for eg.
bootps, DDNS etc. IMHO features should boil down to be able to handling
leases and provide IP in configured ranges to client requests. Either
random IP's or static IP's to configured MAC's. This could even be
filtered on specific interfaces, bridges, or vlans.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Love means having to say you're sorry every five minutes.