[pve-devel] DHCP server

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Sat Jul 19 18:53:34 CEST 2014

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 16:38:02 +0000
Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:

> just lock the file before you write (or what is the question?)

I was thinking of these scenarios:
1a) Client broadcast request for IP
2a) Each nodes listen so each could give a reply simultaneously!

1b) Several clients request for an IP simultaneously
2b) Each nodes listen so each could give a reply simultaneously and
therefore the same IP could be distributed to different clients!

The problem is that each node has its own copy of the lease file and
that merging is done by corosync after a node has made changes to the
file so we will need to implement some kind of two-phase commit among
the nodes taking part in the cluster. Alternatively we deside that only
one node is handling DHCP requests at a time but this will break the
concept of multi master functionality in proxmox.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later
you're hungry again.
		-- George Miller