[pve-devel] DHCP server

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sun Jul 20 15:04:29 CEST 2014

>>The problem is that each node has its own copy of the lease file and
>>that merging is done by corosync after a node has made changes to the
>>file so we will need to implement some kind of two-phase commit among
>>the nodes taking part in the cluster. Alternatively we deside that only
>>one node is handling DHCP requests at a time but this will break the
>>concept of multi master functionality in proxmox.

Hi, Isn't it possible to filter dhcp request with iptables, on the host outside interface ?

Like this, each host have a dhcp server which respond only to vms hosted on the host.

> just lock the file before you write (or what is the question?)

I was thinking of these scenarios:
1a) Client broadcast request for IP
2a) Each nodes listen so each could give a reply simultaneously!

1b) Several clients request for an IP simultaneously
2b) Each nodes listen so each could give a reply simultaneously and
therefore the same IP could be distributed to different clients!

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys: