[pve-devel] preview of novnc integration ready

Stefan Priebe s.priebe at profihost.ag
Sun Jun 1 10:25:26 CEST 2014

Am 01.06.2014 08:55, schrieb Dietmar Maurer:
>> - as websocket server i use the provided wsproxy.py (from novnc) which replaces
>> "nc ... qm vncproxy" if websocket is in use
>
> Maybe we can implement this with perl, maybe inside pveproxy or spiceproxy?

This would be possible - but why? I liked it this way as it is absolutly
the same way vncproxy works currently in pve  (nc with vncproxy).

Also wsproxy.py is well tested and just works we don't have to care
about new code.

>> This is just a preview the code is not 100% clean and only works for kvm.
>>
>> I've currently two problems:
>> - should novnc be a seperate pve-novnc git repo / package?
>
> Our last test showed that it does not work that great (many crashes, ...)
> But if it is stable I want to have it inside pve-manager.

OK. Filepath? /usr/share/novnc ?

>> - i've no idea how to get the novnc iframes size
>>
>> And my biggest problem - how to post this preview? Big patch file against /usr
>> structure?
>
> How large is it? Maybe you can upload it to some public download server?

13kb without novnc and around 1.5mb incl. novnc - i'll have a look
tonight about splitting it to the relevant repositories.