[pve-devel] pve-firewall: dhcp snooping

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Wed Jun 4 14:02:54 CEST 2014

Am 04.06.2014 13:58, schrieb Alexandre DERUMIER:
>>> There's also:
>>> https://github.com/michael-dev/ebtables-dhcpsnooping/
>>>
>>> which monitors simply the dhcp traffic and automatically add the
>>> relevant rules to ebtables.
>
> What happen in case of a malicious hacker, which send false dhcp response over the network ?

Where / at which point? Normally you have a trusted MAC and IP for DHCP
Server.

Then on the switches itself you also use DHCP Snooping. So how could an
attacker send wrong packets through the network?

I'm just afraid about the current situation which has no security at
all. So everybody can configure any ip he wants and send packets with it.

Stefan