[pve-devel] pve-firewall : add ipfilter protection

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Jun 13 15:45:09 CEST 2014

>>Are the global rules really global or just copied to each VM while
>>they're created?

I just see that we can define rules in cluster.fw, but I don't think they are applied anywhere ???

in cluster.fw, you can defined security group,ipset, aliases.
Then you can use them in rules in each vmid.fw.

>>Is it later possible to give a user the possibility to do its own
>>firewall stuff but not being allowed to EDIT my ipset filters for the
>>network cards?

for ipfilter ipset, I don't think it's possible currently to define them in cluster.fw.
Maybe it could be a better place than vmid.fw ? as it should be the datacenter admin to manage this kind of filtering.

I'm not really familiar with the current firewall code in PVE.

Are the global rules really global or just copied to each VM while
they're created?

Is it later possible to give a user the possibility to do its own
firewall stuff but not being allowed to EDIT my ipset filters for the
network cards?

Stefan