[pve-devel] PVE Firewall

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Mon Jun 16 09:31:07 CEST 2014

Am 16.06.2014 09:21, schrieb Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG:
> Am 13.06.2014 20:33, schrieb Dietmar Maurer:
>>> i would like to have different levels of firewall. Something the USER / VM Owner
>>> can control and something the PVE Manage / Sysadmin can control.
>>>
>>> So i can give the user the ability to use the new cool firewall code but i can still
>>> be shure that he doesn't use a DHCP Server, didn't disable the MAC filter and
>>> doesn't fake IP adresses.

> That sounds great too ;-)
>
> Still need to figure out why the firewall does not work for me at all.

OK got the answer. May be a bit too difficult for new users ;-)

You need to also check the firewall button on the network interface.

Isn't that a bit too complex?

So we have:
- gobal firewall button (cluster.fw) (ok makes sense - so the proxmox
admin can decide whether VM users can use this feature at all)

- VM based firewall checkbox to enable / disable this per VM

- Network card base checkbox

Why do we need the VM based checkbox if we already have that for each nic?