[pve-devel] pvefw: using ctmark to associacte connections to VMs

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sun Mar 2 08:45:23 CET 2014

>>That is why I want to set ctmark with iptables (that is listed in /proc/net/nf_conntrack).

They are also the "zone" field in  /proc/net/nf_conntrack

according to
https://lwn.net/Articles/370152/
"
A zone is simply a numerical identifier associated with a network
device that is incorporated into the various hashes and used to
distinguish entries in addition to the connection tuples. Additionally
it is used to seperate conntrack defragmentation queues. An iptables
target for the raw table could be used alternatively to the network
device for assigning conntrack entries to zones.
"