[pve-devel] Create template from CT

Daniel Hunsaker danhunsaker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 17:44:56 CET 2014

The officially-supported way of doing this would be to backup the CT, then
restore it under a new ID and tweak any settings which should be
different.  No SSH required; just a different way of looking at it.  You
have to do the tweaking steps with a new CT-from-template anyway, so there
aren't really any extra steps involved.  Unless you're planning on
distributing your templates to non-Proxmox users of OpenVZ, that tends to
be enough. (And even then, vzrestore is available outside of Proxmox either
way, so still no real issue.)