[pve-devel] pvefw: masquerade problems and conntrack zones

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Mar 12 01:41:34 CET 2014

>>It should be quite simply to implement such setup. Do they use a single linux bridge, or a separate
>>bridge for each VM tap?

AFAIK, they use 1 bridge by tap (only when they use the hybrid network for enable iptables firewalling)
see example here : http://openstack.redhat.com/Networking_in_too_much_detail#Compute_host:_instance_networking_.28A.2CB.2CC.29

>>Although I am not sure what we gain with such setup?

I think because it's more easy for them.
In all case, they have a central openvswitch, and they manage vlan on openvswitchs.
So with firewall, they just need to create "1 internalport - 1 tap bridge" couple for each vlan, assign vlan on ovs internalport, and plug the internalport to tap bridge