[pve-devel] KVM guest hangs with SCSI drive (ZFS)

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Sat May 3 18:14:27 CEST 2014

On Sat, 3 May 2014 18:44:14 +0300
Adrian Costin <adrian.costin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm trying to install a KVM guest using a SCSI drive and the installer
> always hungs around when it loads the scsi modules. I've tried CentOS,
> Debian, Ubuntu with no luck.
>
> I've also tried to install the guest using VirtIO or IDE and switch to
> SCSI after the fact with the same result.
>
> I'm running the latest packages with the 2.6.32-29-pve kernel and
> pve-qemu-kvm 1.7-8 and using the ZFS Plugin which passes a iscsi url
> to the KVM command. I've tried both default and VirtIO SCSI HW.
>
> Running the same guest with VirtIO, SATA or IDE works without any
> problems and also running a qcow2 local SCSI drive works.

What is the contents of your storage.cfg and precisely what kind of
error message do you see when trying to start the VM? The easiest way
to produce error message would be to copy the startup command to the
console and run it manually.

What kind of ZFS storage do you use? Linux, FreeBSD or Solaris based?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys: