[pve-devel] KVM guest hangs with SCSI drive (ZFS)

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue May 6 02:51:10 CEST 2014

maybe can you try with qemu 2.0 ?

(I can built it for you if you want).

Also, I known that booting is not available for all controllers types.

booting from old lsi is a pain, and don't known well since some years known. (depend on multiple parameters)
But the lsi seabios implementation is more a trick
lsi53c810 is a variant, same crap, only for nt4 compatibility.

pvscsi boot has been added in this commit:
http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commit;h=11938d7863203d5ca523865761cac6130783c858

so qemu 2.0 I think.

But I think you shoulg go to virtio-scsi for best performance anyway.