[pve-devel] venet firewall broken?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon May 12 06:25:24 CEST 2014

>>Yes, we also want to filter container to container traffic.

Previously, we had a rule

-    # always allow traffic from containers?
-    ruleset_addrule($ruleset, "PVEFW-FORWARD", "-i venet0 -j RETURN");

so, it wasn't work at all before ?

I see this iptables traffic:
FORWARD: IN=venet0 OUT=venet0 SRC=10.3.94.204 DST=10.3.94.203 LEN=84 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=25368 PROTO=ICMP TYPE=0 CODE=0 ID=1751 SEQ=1

Maybe with some magic routing rule, is it possible to split to have to lines.
I'll check that today.

>>We should really have some regression tests, but I do not know a tool to simulate
>>iptables? We can write a simple simulator ourselves, but that is much work :-/
Don't known too. I'll ask to my coworkers today.