[pve-devel] preview of novnc integration ready

Stefan Priebe s.priebe at profihost.ag
Sat May 31 22:56:52 CEST 2014

Hi,

i've a preview of novnc integration ready for proxmox. It works
absolutely great and is at least to me faster than the ugly applet.

Some details:
- ticket is used as vnc password
- x509 is disabled for vnc when using novnc as js does not support
encryption
- encryption is instead handled by wss (websocket tls) on browser side
- as websocket server i use the provided wsproxy.py (from novnc) which
replaces "nc ... qm vncproxy" if websocket is in use

This is just a preview the code is not 100% clean and only works for kvm.

I've currently two problems:
- should novnc be a seperate pve-novnc git repo / package?
- i've no idea how to get the novnc iframes size

And my biggest problem - how to post this preview? Big patch file
against /usr structure?

Thanks,