[pve-devel] Default cache mode for VM hard drives

Stanislav German-Evtushenko ginermail at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 20:01:26 CET 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 9:55 PM, Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:

> Beside, we do not have a storage type for DRBD, so we simply cannot detect
> this situation
> automatically. So I guess you need to set that manually.
>
> Do you use LVM on top of the DRBD device?
>
> > Beside, we do not have a storage type for DRBD, so we simply cannot
detect this situation automatically. So I guess you need to set that
manually.
Problem is that this is always forgotten to be configured by other admins
when creating a new machine, so in some weeks after I check all machines
for being configured properly we start to receive out-of-sync notifications
again. Another problem is that many people who does such installations are
not really aware of the issue and don't do integrity checks and finally
they got to the situation when a VM crashes on migration doesn't start
after DRBD resync.

> Do you use LVM on top of the DRBD device?
yes, I do