[pve-devel] Error in PVE with win2008r2 and 256GB RAM

Cesar Peschiera brain at click.com.py
Sun Nov 30 03:52:48 CET 2014

Hi Lindsay

Many thanks for answer me.... :-)

>What processes in the VM are hogging the CPU?
htop is showing me that the process that consume all processor available is:
/usr/bin/kvm/ -id 109 -chardev socket, id=qmp,
path=/var/run/qemu-server/109.qmp, server,nowait.... etc (a line very long)

But in my case, each line of "/usr/bin/kvm/ -id 109 ..." to 100% of consume
of processor is repetitive for each core that i configured previously before
of startup the VM.

>Is the VM memory fixed or ballon allocated?
Fixed, the VM has the ballon driver installed, but PVE don't have this
option enabled, and PVE have only a VM installed and nothing more.