[pve-devel] Proxmox - HA & VM Shutdown

Cédric Bernard cbernard at sisteer.com
Thu Oct 2 15:21:24 CEST 2014

Ha ok, I understand the difference. Sorry for that, I thought that the
stop button did the same thing ha or not as stated by Alexandre.

This is the task when I stop a VM in HA.

> Executing HA stop for VM 113
> Local machine disabling pvevm:113...Success
> TASK OK

The HA disable pvevm and I have a VM task which makes a shutdown.
The VM shutdown properly with no errors.

And on a VM which is not on HA, the stop button kill the VM with "qm
stop" I guess.

Sorry for the confusion and thank you !

> (Does shutdown button works properly without HA ?
Yes

*Cédric Bernard | Network and System Engineer*

Le 02/10/2014 14:23, Alexandre DERUMIER a écrit :
> Ok, thanks! (I think this should be write somewhere in the wiki).
>
> But It's pretty confusing to have 2 differents behavior.
>
> stop should be stop, ha or not
>
> and
> shutdown should be shutdown , ha or not.
>

> @Cedric :
>
> Can you send the complete task log ?
> Maybe stop is forced, because the vm don't respond correctly to acpi shutdown.
> (Does shutdown button works properly without HA ?)

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes sont confidentiels et etablis à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.
SISTEER decline toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.
Si vous n'etes pas le destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire et d'informer l'expediteur.
This message and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s).
E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
SISTEER shall not be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform the sender.