[pve-devel] Task List Migration

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Mon Oct 6 10:17:52 CEST 2014

Am 04.10.2014 um 10:37 schrieb Dietmar Maurer:
>>> I also like the rsync logs on migration. The only missing part is HA migration
>> here.
>>> Can i ignore this one?
>>
>> So you would also need to sync the log on VM start. But from which node ??
>
> Thought a bit more about that, and I think the only real solution is to but the
> VM task logs on shared storage. I can imagine to have a new datacenter.cfg option
>
> ---/etc/pve/datacenter.cfg----
> vm_log_store: <storageID>
>
> So the user can store the logs on NFS, GlusterFS, or CephFS ...
> (or 'local' storage by default)

But this is not an easy task - also you need such a storage. Generally i
think something like a clustered leightweight database would be much
better instead of an FS for stuff like that.

But this is out of my knowledge and something more longterm may be PVE 4?

So i would like to implement something pretty simple f.e. rsync?

Stefan