[pve-devel] qemu-server : implement pending changes v2

Stanislav German-Evtushenko ginermail at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 17:11:37 CET 2014

> Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:40:21 +0100
> From: Alexandre Derumier <aderumier at odiso.com>
> To: pve-devel at pve.proxmox.com
> Subject: [pve-devel] qemu-server : implement pending changes v2
>
> Hi,
>
> I have redone my patch with Diemar recommendations,
>
> main difference:
>
> -pending delete are now in a delete list
>
>  delete: virtio0,net0
>
> -no more unused disk in pending conf
>

> I have splitted my big patch into many smaller
> (I hope that nothing is missing, but I have redone tests everywhere and all seem to working file).

Hi,

Some questions regarding this patch:
- What happens when we do online migration with pending changes?
- What happens when we do online migration with pending changes and VM
crashes for some reason? Will changes be applied on start?
- What happens when a machine has pending changes, then it crashes and
starts by HA on another node? Will changes be applied on start?

Best regards,
Stanislav German-Evtushenko