[pve-devel] qemu-server : implement pending changes v2

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Oct 30 17:32:43 CET 2014

>>Some questions regarding this patch:
>>- What happens when we do online migration with pending changes?

pending changes not applied.
(Currently if you do a change a non-hotpluggage value and you do a live migration, you have good chance to crash)

>>- What happens when we do online migration with pending changes and VM
>>crashes for some reason? Will changes be applied on start?
>>- What happens when a machine has pending changes, then it crashes and
>>starts by HA on another node? Will changes be applied on start?

Yes, I have planned to apply pending change on vm_stop and vm_start (in case on unclean stop)

Another way could be to add a button to apply manually the pending change. (Don't known what is the best way)