[pve-devel] ceph firefly in pve repos

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Sep 12 17:15:10 CEST 2014

>>Considering the price, you can buy twice as many crucial disk for same money. This would lead to a cluster
>>with same write performance, but much better read?

Yes I think. (I'll try to tests with more osds, but I think the cpu will be the bottleneck for reads)

Note that I don't have burned them yet, so I don't known how the performance will be after a lot of writes.

also  for endurance
crucial m550 : 72 TBW
intel s3500 : 450 TBW

(but intel have 200GB overprovising, do maybe crucial with manual overprovision could give same endurance)

Also, note that writes are benched with directio, but in real world application, with cache=writeback in qemu,
it's faster.